The Student News Site of Marymount Manhattan College

The Monitor

The Monitor

The Monitor

Want a CPR Certification? Come Take Campus Safety’s CPR Class!

Want a CPR Certification? Come Take Campus Safetys CPR Class!
    Reading Time: < 1 minute

On Thursday, April 25th from 1:30pm to 3:00pm, SGA will be partnering with Campus Safety to host a CPR Certification class through the American Red Cross. The event will take place in the Regina Peruggi Room and taught by the Director of Emergency Management and Campus Safety, Jason Balsan. 

Students have the ability to sign up on MMC Engage where they will be asked to fill out an online portion of the training to be completed prior to the class in person. The maximum capacity for the event is 8 people so be sure to sign up as soon as possible before spots fill up! 

The SGA’s Senator of Campus Safety, Sabrina Westbrook is looking forward to MMC students taking advantage of this opportunity. “As SGA’s Senator of Campus Safety, I’m so grateful to give students the opportunity to become CPR Certified at no cost, right here on-campus at Marymount!” she says, “CPR is a life-saving skill, yet only 18% of Americans are up to date on their certification. The more students, staff, and faculty that are trained in CPR, the safer our community will become!”