The Student News Site of Marymount Manhattan College

The Monitor

The Student News Site of Marymount Manhattan College

The Monitor

Community

Fitness Resolutions in the New Year

Fitness Resolutions in the New Year

Ella Neel, Digital Managing Editor February 10, 2024

2024, a new year with new expectations and new pressures we put on ourselves. I, as probably many, can recall what was asked the most in the weeks leading up to the new year… What are your resolutions?...

Student Spotlight: El Marsh and the Cat-Hats of MMC

Student Spotlight: El Marsh and the Cat-Hats of MMC

Joanna Insco, Staff Writer February 10, 2024

The 2023 fall semester at Marymount Manhattan College saw a significant increase in cat-hat-adorned students walking the halls on campus, all thanks to one creative freshman; El Marsh.    Marsh...

5 Ways To Celebrate Galentine’s Day 2024

5 Ways To Celebrate Galentine’s Day 2024

Sofia Skop February 10, 2024

If you’re single this year, and feeling a bit down about Valentine's day, gather a group of your friends and celebrate Galentine’s Day! Use this as a time to celebrate not just romantic relationships,...

Mental health at Marymount Manhattan College

Mental health at Marymount Manhattan College

Emely Neiva, Guest Writer January 1, 2024

Mental Health is a priority at Marymount Manhattan college.  is looking forward to creating and expanding awareness on mental health and its importance on everyone in the MMC community. Here is what Marymount...

Phishing attempt at MMC

Phishing attempt at MMC

Neelima KS, staff writer December 30, 2023

On November 3, 2023, the official mail box of Marymount Manhattan College received a phishing email stating that the recipients of the Office 365 are requested to provide the email and password to terminate...

Everything you need to know about MMC health insurance

Everything you need to know about MMC health insurance

Myah Lake December 29, 2023

Did you know that around $2,649 is billed to your tuition? MMC Students only realize that a health insurance plan is automatically added to their tuition costs unless they opt-out. If you choose to opt...

Hidden Healthcare?

Hidden Healthcare?

Lexi George, Guest Writer December 17, 2023

Take a look at the Dow Zanghi page on Marymount’s website. It’s pretty sparse, only listing a few standard services. But something’s missing. Keep scrolling, maybe it’s there. Nope, that’s right,...

My First Semester At MMC

My First Semester At MMC

Sofia Skop, Staff Writer December 17, 2023

I am from a small town in Massachusetts called Millis. It’s the kind of town where everyone knows everyone. I went to high school at Thayer Academy, a private school about forty-five minutes away. So...

A Letter From London

A Letter From London

Gabrielle Fiorella, Alumni Writer November 29, 2023

Hi!!!!  Former Editor-In-Chief Gabrielle here, reporting live from London, United Kingdom! It seems I am going to start writing letters to The Monitor about how it is over here in London and how my...

Quick and Easy College Meals For Under $15

Quick and Easy College Meals For Under $15

Sofia Skop, Staff Writer November 17, 2023

Have you used up your dining dollars yet? Are you sick of takeout? Or are you looking to spice up your recipe book? Well, I’ve found and tested some pretty cheap and easy meals that can be made in a...

Running in Unity: NYC Marathon 2023

Elliott Case, editor in chief November 17, 2023

From the warmth and comfort of your bed on the corner of First Avenue in Manhattan, The faint cheers that turn into a roar start to thunder as those brave souls approach their marathon milestone of 26.2...

Mikhail Anderson: Tattooing to success

Mikhail Anderson: Tattooing to success

Elliott Case, Managing Digital Editor October 25, 2023

Picture this: you are strolling down the vendor-filled sidewalks of Canal Street. Through a vortex of flashy shades and counterfeit designer purses, you manage to stumble into a world of art and community. ...

Load More Stories