The Student News Site of Marymount Manhattan College

The Monitor

The Monitor

The Monitor

The Carson Hall Entrance Renovation Project

Via Marymount Manhattan
Reading Time: < 1 minute

The entrance of Carson Hall in Marymount Manhattan College is being renovated to improve safety, access, visitor screening, and traffic flow. The decision to renovate the entrance was recommended by the MMC Advisory Committee on Campus Safety with the intent of improving the wellbeing and accessibility of students and faculty. 

The Capital Projects team is overseeing this institutional renovation project which was funded by the capital budget of the College.The project is being carried out in two phases; the first phase that began in early January 2024 is complete and the second will be followed during the upcoming spring break in March 2024. The students can scan their MMC ID at the newly positioned ID sensors by the security desk. There has been a partial wall built at the center of the entrance which conceals the Hewitt Gallery of Art from outside. 

Talking to students about what they think, Jayde Smalls said “I think the new entrance hall takes a lot of time than earlier to get the student ID’s scanned by the censor because there are only two censors now instead of three and also the second one at the left side of the desk is positioned to be hidden which is a great inconvenience.” – 

The Monitor would like to bring forward the student reflections to the attention of the MMC Advisory Committee on Campus Safety and hopes that they are considered for future projects  and renovations conducted for the best interest and wellbeing of students and faculty of MMC.