Feature Friday: Madison Weisend

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Senior Madison Weisend is a Politics and Human Rights and Environmental Studies major with a minor in International Studies. Originally from Newark, Ohio, Madison came to Marymount because she loves the city. Although if she had to change one thing, she would create a more environmentally conscious mindset in both people and the events that happen on campus.

Her favorite thing about MMC is the professors support of students through opportunities like research and internships; such as the opportunity to intern at the United Nations last semester. “It was an amazing experience and I’m so glad I was able to work in the heart of global decision making.” In addition to being involved with Veg Club, Sustain MMC, Science Society, and Social Science Assembly, Madison helps conduct research for MMC’s science department.

With graduation approaching, Madison not only wants to adopt a bulldog, but is also applying to grad school, “I just received an acceptance to go to University of Chicago for a Master’s in Public Policy. I also applied to the Fulbright Fellowship to teach English in South Korea for a whole year.” Before she leaves the city, Madison still wants to  go to the Antoni Porowski restaurant downtown and the Brooklyn Barge, a floating bar in DUMBO.

Madison is also the student representative on SPIN, the Strategic Plan Implementation Network enacted on campus to implement and communicate sustainability efforts.